SafeAssign is a Blackboard plug-in that can be used by students and faculty to detect plagiarism. Lee Henrikson has added some information to the Knowledge Base at https://kb.uaa.alaska.edu/Wiki%20Pages/SafeAssign.aspx.
- Safe Assign can be used by instructors to check for plagiarism or by students to be sure they have cited everthing they should have.
- Instructors should disclose use of SafeAssign to students in the syllabus.
- In Blackboard, instructors can turn on SafeAssign by going to the Control Panel > Manage Tools > Building Block Tool Availability > check SafeAssign > Submit.
- For students, the results show up in the assignment. For instructors, the results show up under Control Panel > Safe Assign.
- For more information, go to http://wiki.safeassign.com/display/SAFE/Home.
- On a related note, the Consortium Library has an Academic Integrity Tutorial that students can go through at http://www.consortiumlibrary.org/blogs/ahi/.