Organizing your course in Blackboard 8
· To be consistent and clear, use your syllabus “schedule” as a guide to organizing your content in Blackboard.
· Copy what you can from other shells using the copy command (for individual items) or course copy (for several sections at a time). With course copy, watch out for adaptive release rules. Discussion boards, wikis, and blogs may need to be cleaned out or recreated. Remember to update dates!
· Remove menu items you don’t use. Add menu items for tools you use a lot. Control Panel > Manage Course Menu.
· Structure your assignments section by starting with a generic “week” folder with a typical series of tasks listed inside. Then copy the folder multiple times for each week before customizing them. Add date restrictions to folders rather than items inside.
· Discussion: Do you like to put everything under “Assignments” or do you like to break out exams, discussions, links, and/or projects?