How do educators stay on the cutting edge of technology and not lose sight of their enduring understandings? Beth Holland & Shawn McCusker from EdTechTeacher offer five strategies for preventing “obsolete-ism.”
- Embrace the fact that we are all life-long learners. Keep learning!
- Expand your Personal Learning Community. Collaborate (with me)!
- Failure is not an option… It’s a requirement! Everyone can learn from failures. Don’t be afraid to share yours.
- Don’t be afraid to play! Challenge yourself to try new tools.
- Ask WHY questions. If you have an answer to WHY, then you have not lost sight of the big picture.
Read the full article on Edudemic: http://edudemic.com/2012/10/how-education-technology-is-like-betamax/
So now I ask you: How do you stay on the cutting edge?